HISTORY OF PIVANA
Pivana can be called a living witness to the Zagreb brewery tradition, because behind it is a long history dating from 12 July 1893. The main initiators of the construction of a new brewery in Zagreb were Count Gustav Pongratz and Baron Petar Dragutin Turković. Pivana was opened the same year as the Zagreb Brewery, and all these years it worked under the name of the restaurant K Pivovari. By changing the concept, he also decided to change the name and was given a name that was colloquially used among the employees of Zagreb brewery since the middle of last century.
Since its opening ceremony in Črnomerec, the Zagreb brewery has grown into the largest Croatian brewery, which during its 123 years of existence has created a long tradition of beer, quality and dedicated work. Its long-standing commitment to the brewery of the Zagreb brewery confirms again the business achievements and the position of the leading brewery on the Croatian market.